Sunday, April 27, 2008

Philippines Travel : Antique II

Philippines Travel : Antique II

Panay Mountains
The 3rd Day of the Vacation was indeed invigorating and refreshing. Nothing beats a good view of Nature and being a top a mountain is one way of doing that. ( although we only climb a few hundred feet high mountain). Finally the Third day of the journey, well a Philippines Vacation is one surely to remember but a local like me getting to discover places not even heard of is thrill and not to mention the opportunity to see beautiful places and things and definitely interesting people.

The First leg of the journey of course was to get to the foot of the mountain. Since I'm staying quite far from one it was a relief to have a ride available. We drove off miles away into places where I didn't even think possible that a road having steep angles could be driven through. But personally and thankfully I have faith in my friends driving skills. After a few hours we've reached our destination ( well almost ). we have to walk about half a mile to get to the bottom of the mountain first. Going there was really quite tiring. But discovering the determination in ones self was worth the hardship. feeling the grass, the wind and being one with nature is just as fulfilling in the end. ( here's a video i took )

After climbing Up it was time to start the journey. We we're there to hunt for wild animals of course to experience living in the wild. But really we just want something to eat after a long walk through thick vegetation.( But unfortunately we didn't find any wild boars or that sort). We followed the streams to lead us. Scientifically where there is water there is life and the best chance for a person to find wild animals is near a stream. life revolves around water so i guess its a safe bet. We took a bath there to freshen up and i saw beautiful little insects and trees bearing fruits and flowers I've never even seen before!!! even though personally I was barely breathing from walking, climbing, and from flexing my muscles, it was worth it.

Mini Stream
(mini falls along the stream)
But I have a chance to reconsider after climbing back up, just when I thought we we're already on top we just kept climbing. It was just so tiring that I didn't even feel hunger and it was already way past lunch. fortunately there where wild fruits along the way. Fresh guavas, bananas and a papaya would ultimately quench the hunger. But after we made it and as I look back through what we've done I realized it was definitely what I was looking for. ( Aside from the Rum and the Tuba (coconut wine) that followed after).